5 Golf Apparel Collabs I’d Love to See

Golf (especially apparel) is in this good spot right now where more and more first-time golfers are being brought into the tent. I’m no expert in the economics of the game but I would attribute some of the growth in golf’s most unseasoned segment to that of golf apparel collaborations.

Seemingly, every week there’s a new collab, oftentimes from brands that have nothing to do with golf themselves. Bad Birdie and Liquid Death. TaylorMade and Kith. Heck, even 7-Eleven just dropped an apparel capsule for the SECOND time.

I’m a big believer in the impact that these “non-endemic” collabs can have on the game and I’m here for it. Collaborations have produced some of my favorite garments to date. In short, I think that, as golf apparel continues to move more towards streetwear and away from formalwear, we should see more big-name collabs pop up.

If I were a non-golf brand trying to dip into the new wave of golfers that’s ready to spend and buy with the trends, here’s what I would dream up.

1. NIKE x Ben & Jerry’s

NIKE is no stranger to world-class collaborations. Yes, they’ve already teamed up with Ben & Jerry’s for the infamous “Chunky Dunky” pair of NIKE SB Dunks. I can’t help but hear the word “chunky” and immediately think of my short game. That’s why I’d love for NIKE and Ben & Jerry’s to rekindle their magic and bring that signature cow print to a golf shoe.

Imagine a pair of ice cream-inspired spikes. Perhaps a set of waffle-cone print golf tees? The possibilities are delicious (and endless).

2. lululemon x Tim Hortons

I can’t help but dream up collaborations that have to do with golf and food. I’d love for Canadian athleisure giant lululemon to team with fellow Canuck icon brand Tim Hortons for a donut-inspired collection of golf apparel.

I’ve only been to Canada once but was supremely disappointed when hitting up a Timmy’s didn’t fit into my schedule. This collab would satiate my need for a box of Timbits (aka tasty doughnut holes).

3. adidas x Audi

Who wouldn’t want a collaboration between the Brand with Three Stripes and the car company with four rings? adidas and Audi should absolutely team up for a German-inspired golf shoe and apparel capsule.

A pair of adidas TOUR360 24 golf shoes with the Audi emblem on the front would look pretty darn sweet.

4. Under Armour x Old Bay

I’m really digging the geographic theme here so it’s only natural that Under Armour team up with the Northeast’s favorite crab seasoning. Old Bay is good on crab, seafood, vegetables … and golf apparel? I would don a UA polo with a giant crab on the front.

5. FootJoy x Coca-Cola

This last one is a banger. FootJoy is no stranger to collaborations (I love what they did with Metalwood), but it wouldn’t be in the same stratosphere as a hypothetical collection with Coca-Cola.

Diet Coke just looks good on the FootJoy Premiere Series. I said what I said.

The post 5 Golf Apparel Collabs I’d Love to See appeared first on MyGolfSpy.

Article Link: https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/5-golf-apparel-collabs-id-love-to-see/