“Ad” to Cart: The Most Comfortable Golf Shoes

Every day we’re bombarded with marketing. With the myriad voices pulling you in every direction, how can one be sure what is truth and what is not? At our core, MyGolfSpy serves the consumer. That means we have an obligation to inform you when a product lives up to the marketing hype. In the same vein, we also bear the duty of telling you to avoid a product that doesn’t deliver on its promises. Welcome to “Ad” to Cart, a new series where we test the gear that’s being advertised all over your social media feeds.

The Ad

The premise of this review is quite simple: Are Redvanly golf shoes the comfiest golf shoe you’ll ever wear?

More succinctly, should you be spending your hard-earned cash on a pair of shoes from Redvanly? I love their shorts but can their shoes live up to the hype?

While my opinion is subjective, based on my personal preferences, I always strive to give my raw, honest feedback. My review of the Redvanly Contender Shoe is no different.

My thoughts

I spent ample time in both the Redvanly Contender and Challenger golf shoes. Because the ad features the Contender, my review will focus on that. Rest assured that both shoes are very similar in performance.

First impressions

While the purpose of this review is to judge the comfort of the Redvanly Contender golf shoes, I’d be remiss not to mention my first impressions. I love the way the Contender golf shoes look. To me, they’re very similar to an all-time classic NIKE shoe, the Air Force 1.

The upper is constructed from a microfiber that looks and feels like leather. This gives the shoes a premium fit and finish. Sign me up!

Cushion

Any comfortable golf shoe needs to have good cushion. Because of the cup sole design of the Contender, the step-in comfort stems from the included foam insole. This chunky insole isn’t anything fancy (it feels like your standard EVA foam) but it provides ample cushion and shock absorption. It’s soft without feeling too soft.

This is a similar setup to what you’d find in a traditional AF1 or even the Air Jordan 1. So it’s a feeling I’m very familiar with and one that I’m a big fan of.

Fit

Just as important to comfort is the overall fit of a golf shoe. A shoe can have all of the cushion in the world but if the fit isn’t right, it can ruin the entire experience. The fit of the Redvanly Contender golf shoes was so-so. The slip-in heel is comfortable and prevents blisters but the shoes fit a little too snug overall.

If you plan on picking up a pair, I’d go up at least 1/2 size.

Other things to consider

While not the main point of my review, it’s worth noting that the spikeless traction on the Contender is average at best. It’s OK in dry conditions but not suited for anything more than that.

The verdict

If I had to give the Redvanly Contender golf shoes a rating, I’d give them a 3.5 out of 5. I love the style and they are very comfortable. To me, though, they’re more of an office or range shoe than a shoe I see myself wearing on the course on a consistent basis.

Are they the most comfortable golf shoes you’ll ever wear? I’d put them in the top 10. They’re comfortable and stylish but hard to recommend if you’re looking for a “serious” performance golf shoe.

Check Price

The post “Ad” to Cart: The Most Comfortable Golf Shoes appeared first on MyGolfSpy.

Article Link: https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/ad-to-cart-the-most-comfortable-golf-shoes/