August Staff Picks: Gear We Love This Month

Our expert staff is constantly churning through and testing new golf products. Sometimes, we find something that we really gravitate towards but it doesn’t always fit neatly into an article, review or buyer’s guide. Staff Picks is a no-frills way for our staff to share the products that they love on a monthly basis. From shoes to coolers and everything in between, these items, for one reason or another, really stood out to our staff this month.

Adam Beach: PING iCrossover

“It’s the best driving iron I have ever hit and it’s not even close. Whether you need something off the tee or out of the fairway, this club is as close as you can get to cheating. It’s that good.” 

Check Price

Connor Lindeman: PUMA ELECTROCAT Nitro

“From the first moment I stepped into this pair, I knew something was different. This ain’t your typical PUMA golf shoe. The ELECTROCAT Nitro is definitely the most comfortable PUMA golf shoe I’ve ever worn. The crazy part? It might be the most comfortable shoe I’ve worn all year. Period. PUMA worked some voodoo on this one, and I’m here for it. “

Check Price

Chris Nickel: Titleist GT3 Driver

“This is the driver that your current driver should be worried about. It’s the complete package – looks, sound, feel and plenty of horsepower. If the TS project got Titleist back in the race, GT might just give them the pole position.”

Check Price

Phillip Bishop: Srixon ZX5 MKII

“Consistency is the name of the game, especially in golf. One of the ways to become more consistent in golf is to play equipment that works and has a reputation for working well. Srixon ZX5 Mk II irons are the epitome of this. For two years in a row, they are the best player’s distance iron in a highly competitive iron space. I literally put them in the bag, off the rack, days after our test results came out and shot a 72. “

Check Price

Dave Wolfe: Toulon Blackout Alcatraz H1

“With an ideal combination of feel and stability, the Toulon Blackout Alcatraz H1 epitomises the mallet that plays like a blade. Blacking out all of that silly Versa stripe stuff was an aesthetic master stroke.”

Check Price

Bennett Green: adidas MC80

“I didn’t think a shoe would be the last piece of the puzzle to figuring out my tee shots. The MC80’s stability quite literally changed the game.” 

Check Price

Sean Fairholm: Yeti Hopper Flip Cooler

“Small enough to be used as a lunch box but large enough to hold 12 cans with ice. Maintains ice at an astonishing rate relative to its diminutive size. Can use it for any occasion. It’s pricey but it’s a cooler that will really last for the long haul.”

Check Price

John Barba: TPT Nitro 16 HI driver shaft

“It turned my PING G430 MAX 10K into even more of a fairway finder. Excellent distance and have improved fairways hit over the last four rounds.”

Check Price

The post August Staff Picks: Gear We Love This Month appeared first on MyGolfSpy.

Article Link: https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/august-staff-picks-gear-we-love-this-month/