Bettinardi Remix BB1 Limited-Edition Putter

• Bettinardi’s new Remix limited-edition putter line remixes the components of their stock putter lines.
  • The latest BB1 Remix features a non-stock finish, face milling, and alignment scheme.
  • Remix putters are limited in number and available at Bettinardi.com with a MSRP of $500.

In 2023, Bettinardi celebrated their 25th Anniversary by releasing a limited edition putter every month. It was a novel way to celebrate a significant milestone, and no doubt took a healthy amount of work to get that limited-edition dozen to market. I figured that it was a once in a quarter-century kind of project.

I was mistaken.

During 2024, Bettinardi has continued to roll out limited edition putters at a nearly once-a-month pace. Though the release fanfare for these new limited-edition putters is far more muted than it was for the anniversary putters, their release pacing is similar.

The new Bettinardi Remix line has for the most part flown under the radar this year. Today, it’s time to change that.

What has Bettinardi Remixed?

The new Bettinardi Remix putter line takes a different approach to limited-edition than the 25th Anniversary line did. Where the 25th Anniversary line was all about showcasing putters from Bettinardi’s history, the Remix line consists entirely of their current putter models.

In some ways, the Remix line is similar to Bettinardi’s perennial Black Friday limited edition where they release blacked out versions of their latest models.

Yes, the putters from the 2023 Black Friday release were actually finished in Violet Haze PVD, but that is just because the stock models were already black.

The 2024 Bettinardi Remix putters all feature finishes that are different from the stock models. Some of the finishes are more muted than the original, and some are bolder. In all cases, the Remix finish is not the one that you will see on the off the rack putter models at your local Bettinardi retailer. 

The only place that you will find a finish like the Steel Patina on the Remix BB1W shown above is in The Hive at Studio B.

Remixing more than just the looks

The new finishes are exciting deviations from the norm, especially on the BB-1W, but the Remixing doesn’t stop there.

Each of the Bettinardi Remix putters has altered physical features as well. The Remix putters feature faces that are different from the stock model. For example, the remixed Studio Stock 35 has a Micro Honeycomb face whereas the stock SS25 has Bettinardi’s Roll Control grooves on the face.

Changing the face design is going to change the way that the putter feels, and plays. The stock BB-1W has a Perpetual Fly milled face which will feel firmer than the Roll Control face on the Remix BB-1W.

If you liked a certain Bettinardi stock model, but not the feel of the face, Remix may have what you are looking for.

Alignment schemes are Remixed as well

Bettinardi shuffled the specs with the alignment systems for the Remix putters. Throughout the Remix models, commonplace cavity lines have been replaced with lines on the top edge, sight dots, and multi-line targeting schemes.

The most interesting of the Remix targeting plans was offering multiple alignment options with the Remix BB1W. For that one, you could order the putter with five different alignment options. This option did increase the delivery time, but that’s a small inconvenience to get lines of your choosing.

This Month’s Remix: The Bettinardi Remix BB1

The general plan for the Bettinardi Remix line is that the putters will be available on the Bettinardi site for about a month, and then they are gone. Unfortunately, that means that most of the previous Remix models have sold out.

(If you are quick, you may still be able to pick up the Bettinardi Remix SS35. There may still be a couple of those available since it is not yet listed as sold out.)

New for this month is the Bettinardi Remix BB1. The BB1 is a bread and butter model for Bettinardi, likely the best selling model in every BB release.

Like the other models, the Remix BB1 deviates from the stock model in finish, alignment, and face.

The stock 2024 BB Black Pearl PVD finish was swapped out for a brighter Royal Bronze PVD. The single white alignment line in the cavity on the retail BB1 was replaced with three blue cavity lines, and one more blue line on the top edge for good measure.

Specifications: Bettinardi Remix BB1

• Weight: 352g
  • Material: 303 Stainless Steel
  • Finish: Royal Bronze PVD
  • Face Milling: FIT Face
  • Loft: 3°
  • Lie: 70°
  • Offset: Full Shaft
  • Toe Hang: 1/2

The Remix BB1 exchanged the usual Perpetual Fly face milling for a FIT over Fly milling face. Bettinardi’s FIT face is one of their softest faces, and will make the Remix BB1 feel much softer than the stock version.

Sane limited-edition pricing

I don’t have any information about how many of each Remix model Bettinardi is manufacturing. My guess is that it is not very many though since they keep selling out.

If you are interested in this new Remix BB1, you probably want to hit the Buy Now button sooner rather than later.

One of the most amazing features of the Remix putter line is their price. So far, every Remix model has only cost $500. For reference, most of the Anniversary models were in the $900 range.

While not inexpensive, $500 is only $50 above the price of the retail model that was remixed. That’s amazing to me. For $50, not only are you getting a putter that is non-stock, but when you order it on the Bettinardi site, you can get the specs (length/loft/lie) adjusted to fit you needs at no additional cost.

At my local shop, getting those specs adjusted would cost about $25. If they couldn’t save the grip, that would add to the cost as well.

Only paying a $50 upcharge for the Remix treatment seems almost like stealing.

While these releases are not as clockwork as the monthly 25th Anniversary putters, I bet that Bettinardi has more Remix models in the queue. Perhaps we will see some INOVAI Remix models this fall. I am curious to see what putter gets the Remix treatment next.

To order the new Bettinardi Remix BB1, head over to Bettinardi.com

FAQ: Bettinardi Remix Putter Line

How limited are these?

I don’t have a number, but no doubt it would be in the hundreds, not thousands. The fact that they are selling out suggests that they are small runs.

Are they Remixing the necks or the metals?

So far, that has not happened. The changes are all in finish, alignment scheme, and face milling. My guess is that retooling for a new neck option would cost more, take more time, and make the putter cost more as well.

How would I know which of the Bettinardi faces is right for me?

If you follow this link to the Bettinardi FAQ page, you’ll see how the milling of the face influences feel. As a general rule, the more metal removed, the softer the face.

Are there any other Bettinardi limited editions coming this year?

Bettinardi rolls out new one-off Hive putter releases every month. They also historically have themed releases, like Big League Chew, Monopoly, and Transformers. They just releases a trio of putters with a Slushie Swirl theme. The BB8 Wide is actually not sold out yet.

I expect to see more limited-edition offerings for sure.

The post Bettinardi Remix BB1 Limited-Edition Putter appeared first on MyGolfSpy.

Article Link: https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/first-look/bettinardi-remix-bb1-limited-edition-putter/