First Look: Stix Golf Compete Driver

I’ll admit it. I am a fan of Stix Golf and I am rooting for them. They’re continuing to improve their footprint in the golf industry and are finding new ways to compete.

Nowadays, anyone can design, produce, and sell a driver. We see top manufacturers (with years of experience and success) do this with relative ease. Additionally, there are several direct-to-consumer manufacturers who have seen success and continue to build their resumes with driver production at the forefront.

Stix Golf is diving into the pool with their latest release: the Compete Driver.

Stix Golf's newest driver

Stix Golf Compete Driver overview

How does the Compete Driver differ from the drivers Stix Golf offers in their complete golf club sets?

For starters, the Compete Driver is adjustable. This is a game-changer for Stix. Most OEMs offer adjustability with their driver lineups. For example, in our 2024 Most Wanted Driver test, 36 of 37 drivers are adjustable.

Offering an adjustable driver allows more golfers to play the driver. The Compete Driver has a loft range of eight to 10 degrees. Each loft sleeve adjustment changes loft and lie angle, which effectively impacts face angle. Changing the loft, lie, and face angle can help with limiting a slice or hook. Changing the loft can assist in appropriate launch conditions, especially backspin numbers. Lie angle and face angle can assist with directional control.

Stix Golf is providing the Compete Driver in right-handed only with regular, stiff and extra-stiff shaft options.

Stix Golf Compete Driver

Compete Driver technology

Which golf club do you think would be the most difficult to produce and actually perform? Experience plays a huge role. All of the top-name manufacturers have years of experience in golf club design and creation.

Stix Golf is new to the game relative to those others. I don’t know how they chose this specific driver design and concept but, nevertheless, let’s check out the technology features.

Stix Golf

The most apparent technology is a lightweight, carbon-fiber crown. Weight savings is the name of the game with driver technology. Doing so creates more opportunity to distribute weight effectively to positively impact center of gravity and moment of inertia. Both can enhance distance and forgiveness across the club face. In essence, the lightweight carbon fiber pushes the CG low and forward to produce lower spin and low to mid trajectory.

The driver shaft offering has Stix’s graphics which add appeal and a creative touch. It is crafted from high-density, 70-ton Japanese pre-preg graphite. Supposedly, this enhances feel and responsiveness.

First impressions

Whether you have a job interview, a first date, the first day on a new job, the impression you give can make or break the path forward. For me, Stix Golf Compete Driver passes the “first impression” test.

If you haven’t heard of Stix Golf, hesitancy to try their equipment is understandable. But, and I mean this wholeheartedly, his driver can compete (and not only in name).

Stix Golf Compete Driver Address

In 2024, we tested a a few viral drivers and top of the list was the Kirkland Signature Driver. My first impression is that the Stix Golf Compete Driver is better than the Kirkland Signature Driver.

The performance is there: ball speed numbers are solid relative to my game and spin is maintainable and efficient. Subjectively, it is attractive and the feel is appealing. I had a fellow staff member and a tester hit drives with it and they both voiced the same sentiment.

Premium Headcover

Competing is the first step

Only time and wider acceptance by the golfing consumer will tell just how good the Stix Golf Compete Driver is. But the fact that the initial release of the $379.99 driver sold out suggests they’ve hit a sweet spot and they have loyalists already. As far as my experience goes, it’s worth giving this driver a chance.

The post First Look: Stix Golf Compete Driver appeared first on MyGolfSpy.

Article Link: https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/first-look/first-look-stix-golf-compete-driver/