I’ve Worn More than 125 Golf Shoes. Here are 5 Designs I’m Swooning Over

Recently, I wrote about my five favorite golf shoes, and five that I won’t be wearing again. Those pieces were, in large part, focused more on performance and function than anything else.

The purpose of this piece is quite the opposite. Sometimes, I just want to wear a pair of golf shoes because they look darn cool. Because they float my boat. Tickle my fancy.

However you say it, I’m of the opinion that golf is more fun when you wear what you think is cool. Performance aside (that’s what Most Wanted testing is for), these five golf shoes I’m about to highlight only make my list because they look freakin’ awesome.

Performance be damned. These shoes could feel like bricks and I’d still give em’ some run. Here are my current five favorite golf shoe designs.

1. NIKE Victory Tour 3 Electric

If you’ve been a follower of mine on social media, this should come as no surprise. I love orange and I love prints. This special pair of NIKEs made their Olympic debut this past week but that’s neither here nor there. If NIKE told me to make my own golf shoe, the design would undoubtedly look similar to what they’ve come up with here.

Again, I don’t care how these feel or how they perform. They’re way too cool to keep off my feet.

Check Price

2. adidas MC Z-Traxion

I snaked you a little bit. I said that this article wouldn’t talk about performance. But the MC Z-Traxion from adidas is one of those rarities that looks as good as it performs. I’m a big fan of the old-school look with the modern performance upgrades that makes this silhouette so wearable.

All three colors give off an aged look that resonates with the vintage vibes I’m after.

Check Price

3. Under Armour Curry 1

I’m a sucker for golf shoes that look like basketball shoes. Probably because traditional “golf shoes” are boring (except for the MC Z-Traxion, duh). The Curry 1 golf shoe is the chopped version of one of my favorite basketball shoes of all time. Yes, please, Chef Curry!

Check Price

4. adidas CODECHAOS 25 BOA

The CODECHAOS line has long been my favorite adidas franchise. Do they perform? Absolutely. But that doesn’t matter. They look darn cool. A little weird. But that’s why they’re so cool. The newest addition to the prestigious CODECHAOS lineup is every bit as funky as it is fashionable.

I’m a big fan of how the different layers of the upper work together to create that cool zigzag pattern. And I don’t even mind the BOA dial!

Check Price

5. FootJoy x Metalwood Golf Sneaker

This one is a wild card but bear with me. Anything that looks this chunky and underwhelming belongs in my closet. If my dad had to wear a golf shoe, there’s no doubt it would be this one. From the fantastic teal accents to the perfectly grass-stainable white upper, I can’t help but drool over this design.

Sometimes the weird stuff is really sweet. FootJoy x Metalwood is a great example that what’s “hip” isn’t always “cool”.

Check Price

The post I’ve Worn More than 125 Golf Shoes. Here are 5 Designs I’m Swooning Over appeared first on MyGolfSpy.

Article Link: https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/ive-worn-more-than-125-golf-shoes-here-are-5-designs-im-swooning-over/