I’ve Worn More Than 125 Golf Shoes: Here are Five I Won’t Wear Again

A few weeks ago, I wrote about my five favorite golf shoes. When you’ve tried as many as I have, it’s fairly easy to find a few that you gravitate towards. On the opposite end of the spectrum, there are always a few that just don’t jive with your vibe.

Whatever the reason, there are just some golf shoes I can’t get along with. Call me a snob, sure, but when you’ve got a finite amount of closet space, certain shoes have to hit the donation pile.

Here are five golf shoes I won’t be wearing again.*

*This list reflects only my personal opinion, and is in no way related to Most Wanted shoe testing.

1. FootJoy Premiere Series

This may come as a shocker but I don’t find the FootJoy Premiere Series to be comfortable. While I absolutely love the way some of the limited stuff looks, it’s just too stiff to be something I’d wear on the course.

Maybe, just maybe, I’ll break out the Harris Tweed pair the next time I go to Scotland … but that’s about it. Give me comfort or give me death. (I have nothing against the HyperFlex or Traditions, though. I could wear those!)

Check Price

2. NIKE Air Zoom Infinity Tour 2

This is another one that I love cosmetically but just can’t get along with. Despite my affinity for the AIR unit, the pod is so big that it starts to wear on the ball of my feet. Not to mention that the shoe still fits a little narrow.

This one is better left on my shelf or, if I can get a pair in the bright orange “electric” colorway, I’ll keep them in a display case. Should I write a full review on this pair? Let me know!

Check Price

3. Duca Del Cosma Bernardo

Are you sensing a theme? I’m typically not a fan of the dress-style golf shoes. These traditional beauties may look snazzy but they’re stiff as can be. I just can’t bring myself to wear a shoe that requires this much break-in time before it’s not painful.

Not for nothing, some of Duca Del Cosma’s other offerings are less stiff. Still, not a fan.

Check Price

4. G/FORE G/18

While I’m actually a fan of G/FORE’s GALLIVAN2R, the new G/18 just isn’t something I’ll wear again. It’s super-chunky and bulky, which makes the shoe feel clunky to walk in. While I like the polarizing design and fun colors, it was an easy one to kick from the rotation.

Check Price

5. SQAIRZ

This one is more cosmetically motivated than anything else. I actually think SQAIRZ are fairly comfortable, have good traction and stability. I just can’t look past the square toe. Rather than focus on my golf ball, it’s impossible not to look down at a shape that isn’t “normal”.

Check Price

The post I’ve Worn More Than 125 Golf Shoes: Here are Five I Won’t Wear Again appeared first on MyGolfSpy.

Article Link: https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/ive-worn-more-than-125-golf-shoes-here-are-five-i-wont-wear-again/