Malbon Dresses up adidas’ Most Iconic Sneaker

The adidas Samba was, according to most, the undisputed sneaker of the year in 2023. Yes, there is such an award.

It’s resurgence in classrooms and shopping malls around the globe is perhaps the biggest reason why adidas is forecasting big profits for 2024. Lifestyle and streetwear brands like Kith, Extra Butter and Palace have swooped up opportunities to collaborate on such an iconic shoe.

Now, it’s golfs turn. And there’s no brand more accustom to collabs of this magnitude than the collab kings themselves: Malbon.

It seems like every week I’ve got news of a new Malbon collab in my inbox. I tend to engage with most, as I’m definitely the target demo. But this collab stopped me dead in my tracks.

Admittedly, I’ve never been the biggest fan of the Samba. I just don’t love all white or all black shoes. So when I saw that Malbon was interjecting some life and color into the silhouette, I took notice.

When you work on a collab like this, you go one of two directions. Either you drastically change the DNA and put your stamp on it, or you let the icon do it’s thing and make a few minor tweaks that elevate the look and feel.

Thankfully, Malbon did the latter. No need to mess with a classic shoe. Rather than mess with what makes the Samba such an icon, they tastefully added a few hits of color and a small, unassuming “M” script logo.

Classy, yet cool.

The white-and-green leather upper sits atop a gum sole (a personal favorite of mine) to complete the look. Don’t forget about the suede toe-rand. So buttery!

Could this be golf’s sneaker of the year? As the self-proclaimed utmost authority on golf shoes and golf sneakers, I’m prepared to give it the crown with 4 months left in the year. Change my mind.

Check Price

The post Malbon Dresses up adidas’ Most Iconic Sneaker appeared first on MyGolfSpy.

Article Link: https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/first-look/malbon-dresses-up-adidas-most-iconic-sneaker/