Metalwood, FootJoy Created the Ultimate Dad Sneaker

I have the sudden urge to mow the lawn, grill a few glizzy’s and crack a few knee-slappers. Is something wrong with me?

Nope, I’m just a dad. Now, thanks to Metalwood and FootJoy, I can purchase a pair of golf shoes that matches my perfectly paternal persona.

Introducing the Metalwood x FootJoy Golf Sneaker. Constructed of hand-select premium waterproof leather, the Golf Sneaker sits atop a Duramax outsole and Pulsar LP cleats.

It’s not just the boring teal accents and aged white midsole that make me love the Metalwood x FootJoy Golf Sneaker so much. The story behind the shoe is just as, if not more, compelling.

“Both of my parents were always so supportive of my golf journey. They took me to lessons, practice and tournaments. My dad worked especially hard to make this all happen. He’s not a golfer—this is not a story about my relationship with golf and my dad.” said Cole Young, Metalwood Studio.

“I’ve probably golfed with my dad only a handful of times. One time he hit 2 trees and the shingle roofed of a house in the same shot. He’s smart, practical and resourceful. In college, I would get a ton of team gear. That gear—shoes and gloves—would all go to my dad after I was finished with them because he would use them when he mowed the lawn. Here we are 10 years later working with FJ on a shoe that’s quite literally worn by players on the PGA Tour and my dad when he mows the lawn.”

Whether you’re heading out for a fresh cut or hitting buttery cuts into that tucked pin, the Metalwood x FootJoy Golf Sneaker is just what the doctor ordered for that stubborn case of jean shorts and tube socks that you can’t seem to shake.

Check Price

The post Metalwood, FootJoy Created the Ultimate Dad Sneaker appeared first on MyGolfSpy.

Article Link: https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/first-look/metalwood-footjoy-created-the-ultimate-dad-sneaker/