Shopping for Golf Shoes? Don’t Make This Mistake

Shopping for new golf gear can feel as daunting as hitting a tee shot after the slow foursome in front lets you play through.

But it doesn’t have to be.

I’ve bought, tested and worn well over 100 golf shoes, and have learned a thing or two about what makes some inherently better than the rest. Unfortunately, there are also few pitfalls that you MUST avoid if you want to end up with something that isn’t a waste of your time and money.

There are loads of things you should avoid. Don’t buy without trying on and definitely don’t buy something online unless there is a liberal return policy.

But the biggest mistake I see golfers make is far less obvious.

Are you shopping for new golf shoes? Don’t make this mistake.

Don’t stick with one brand

We’re big advocates of being your own brand. Rarely, if ever, is a full bag of clubs from one brand the best for your game. The same goes for golf shoes.

Just because you’ve worn FootJoy your entire life doesn’t mean it’s the end-all and be-all of golf shoes. Just because you’re a NIKE loyalist doesn’t mean you shouldn’t broaden your horizons and try something outside of the Swoosh’s influence.

I have yet to find one brand that makes both the best spikeless and spiked golf shoes. In fact, very rarely does a brand have more than one or two top performers in their entire lineup. Before you settle on one brand for the rest of your life, take time to explore the other options.

I know, it’s tempting to find something you like and stick with it. But more often that not, branching out to try something new can result in an even better golfing experience.

It’s not dissimilar to that favorite dive you’re a regular at. While it’s comforting (and easy) to order the same thing time and time again, you’re doing yourself a disservice by not at least exploring other options.

You never know what you could be missing out on.

So try those PUMAs. Give some leeway to a newer brand like PAYNTR. Ditch the ECCOs in favor of something from Under Armour. What have you got to lose?

All that’s left to gain is a new favorite pair of golf shoes. You’re welcome.

The post Shopping for Golf Shoes? Don’t Make This Mistake appeared first on MyGolfSpy.

Article Link: https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/shopping-for-golf-shoes-dont-make-this-mistake/