The Best Gear from the Open Championship

I say it every time we hit another major championship. I’m just here for the merch!

The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat is cool but have you ever found the perfect hat? Yeah, major merchandise is just that cool.

As is custom with any major championship, The Open is full of fancy themed gear that’ll have you feeling the winds of Royal Troon from thousands of miles away.

Here are a few of my favorites.

Vice Letters to Troon Golf Cap

If you could write a letter to Royal Troon, what would it say? Mine would probably say something like: “Please tell Vice that this golf cap is really cool and that I love it so much. Sincerely, Cankles.”

Check Price

Under Armour Playoff Polo

When I heard Jordan Spieth would be wearing this sweet polo, I had to include it. Not because I’m a Jordan Spieth fanboy but because the Under Armour Playoff Polo is one of my favorites. Plus the subtle pattern is still really effective. Consider me impressed

Check Price

TaylorMade British Open Staff Bag

The other day I saw a golfer lugging around a staff bag. Normally, I’d consider that a foolish move. But if you gave me this sweet staff bag, I’d probably move out of my townhouse and camp out in its beautiful purple walls.

Check Price

Callaway Chrome Tour July Major Golf Balls

Could you mail a letter with these Postage Stamp themed golf balls? Probably not. Could I airmail the green with one? Absolutely.

Check Price

FootJoy x Harris Tweed Premiere Series Field

There are few golf shoes on the planet that I think are appropriate for your best friend’s wedding and a round at Royal Troon. The FootJoy x Harris Tweed Premiere Series Field is that versatile and elegant.

Check Price

Vessel Player IV Pro Stand Bag

Vessel teamed up with The Open to create this commemorative stand bag. It’s on the subtle side of things but I still love the quasi-woodgrain finish to the synthetic leather and that unmissable logo.

Check Price

PUMA Fair Isle Golf Hoodie

I’ve never been more attracted to a piece of clothing. The PUMA Fair Isle golf hoodie looks like a sweater … but fits and feels like a hoodie.

Check Price

The post The Best Gear from the Open Championship appeared first on MyGolfSpy.

Article Link: https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/first-look/the-best-gear-from-the-open-championship/