These are the Best Golf Shorts I’ve Ever Owned … But There’s a Catch

I’ve searched far and wide to find the perfect pair of golf shorts. One pair to rule them all.

On my long journey to acquire the best golf shorts on God’s green earth, I’ve come across quite a few suitors. lululemon, Vuori, Johnnie-O, to name a few. Each has tempted and tried to pull me away from the journey. Alas, none has been successful. My mind has stayed focused on the task at hand;:finding the best of the best.

After nearly 18 months of searching and drowning myself in seven-inch shorts, I think I’ve found the perfect pair.

Well, almost perfect.

Have you heard of Redvanly?

I first heard of the brand from a colleague that I’ve spent some time with on various golf trips. He told me they make some of the best out there. I stopped by the Redvanly booth at the PGA Show to see what they had cooking. Nearly seven months later. I got my hands (legs) on two pairs of the Redvanly Hanover Shorts.

I’ve rarely taken them off since.

Sweatpants or shorts?

What makes Redvanly different? The Hanover shorts are pull-ons. That button you see on the front is just a decoy.

Rather than a restrictive waist and typical fly construction, the Hanover shorts act, fit and feel more like sweatpants than golf shorts. They’re stretchy, easy to put on and have a buttery soft feel on the legs.

On the outside, though, they appear no different than your typical run-of-the-mill golf shorts.

Looks can be deceiving. The Hanover Shorts from Redvanly look unassuming, yet they’re so comfortable you almost forget you’re wearing them. That said, please wear them … I don’t want HR in my inbox.

The catch

What’s the catch? There are really two. For starters, the Hanover shorts are pricey. You’re looking at $110 but if I had to buy one pair of shorts for the rest of my life, I would shell out the extra cash for these over my typical attire.

You very well may refuse to pay anything more than $30 for shorts. That’s OK. The vast majority of golfers don’t need $110 shorts. They won’t make you play any better (although I think they feel much better than anything else I’ve tried). No one here is right or wrong. What is wrong is how Redvanly has ruined other shorts for me. Rude, isn’t it?

Outside of price, the other thing that slightly concerns me is that my black pair looks like it may start to pill. It’s not actually pilling yet but I can see a few spots that have micro pills (is that even a thing?). In any case, I’ve been wearing the crap out of these so I’m not overly worried. It’s just something I noticed.

The one for me

Until someone finds me something better, I won’t be giving up my Redvanly shorts. It’s rare that I get excited about golf apparel but what Redvanly has done with these shorts is not something I can keep to myself.

If you’ve got the cash to spare, pick up a pair or two. If you don’t, leave a comment down below and let me know what you’re favorite pair of shorts is and how much it costs.

Check Price

The post These are the Best Golf Shorts I’ve Ever Owned … But There’s a Catch appeared first on MyGolfSpy.

Article Link: https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/these-are-the-best-golf-shorts-ive-ever-owned-but-theres-a-catch/