Toulon Golf Small Batch Paris Putter

• The Toulon Golf Small Batch Paris celebrates the 2024 Paris Summer Olympics and the current golf gold medalist.
  • The Toulon Paris is based on the Toulon Las Vegas, featuring a Champagne PVD finish and Paris-inspired graphics.
  • Available July 26 at ToulonGolf.com with a MSRP of $1,800.

Golfeur champion de l’année

Toulon Golf unveiled their latest Small Batch putter this week, The Paris. The original plan behind the golden mallet was to commemorate Xander Schauffele’s gold medal win at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Releasing a gold version of Schauffele’s putter right before the start of the 2024 Olympics in Paris seemed like a good marketing plan by Toulon. Perhaps a bit predictable, but a good plan nonetheless.

Then Schauffele and his Toulon Las Vegas won the 152nd Open Championship at Royal Troon.

While the Paris may have started as a 2024 Olympics collectible, it now also celebrates the Champion Golfer of the Year and may have become the hottest collectible putter of 2024.

C’est l’heure du golf olympique

Are you excited for the Paris Olympics? I enjoy the Summer Olympics more than the Winter Olympics. The number and diversity of competitions in the summer is fantastic. The Winter Games just look cold.

Water polo is my favorite Olympic sport but if an Olympic sport is being broadcast, I’m likely watching it.

Pro tip: Watch the Modern Pentathlon. It is a wild ride.

I suppose I should get back to talking about golf. This year’s Olympic golf venue is Golf National just outside of Paris. You may remember the course from the 2018 Ryder Cup. The USA got their “hats” handed to them by the European team that tournament.

I know that many protested when Bryson DeChambeau was not selected to the 2024 Olympic roster. Being that he earned zero points in three matches in Paris the last time, he may not have really wanted to go back to France.

You know who was not on the 2018 Ryder Cup team? Xander Schauffele. Though the Olympics are not the Ryder Cup, maybe Schauffele can succeed at Golf National where his fellow Americans could not.

I know that I’ll be in front of my screen on Aug. 1 to see how he plays.

Le putter spécial Las Vegas d’Xander

The Toulon Golf Small Batch Paris is a nesting doll of a putter. When you lift off the Toulon Paris top layer, you will find a Toulon Las Vegas underneath. Removing the Toulon Las Vegas will reveal an Odyssey #7.

The fang-shaped putter head goes by many names but in Schauffele’s hands, and in the hands of numerous other professional and amateur golfers, it puts balls in holes.

It is one of the iconic putter head shapes.

Schauffele’s Las Vegas and this Toulon Small Batch Paris both move the putter into the realm of mallet that plays like a blade.

The main reason for the blade-like play of the Paris in the plumber’s/H1 neck. This neck provides a full shaft of offset at address and more toe hang than the traditional spud neck.

The Toulon Small Batch Paris will not be red like Schauffele’s putter. Instead, it is covered in a golden Champagne Mist PVD finish, speaking to the color of its bubbly namesake and Schauffele’s Tokyo golf gold medal.

Caractéristiques: Toulon Golf Petit Lot Paris Putter

• Material: 904L stainless steel
  • Construction: CNC-milled
  • Finish: Champagne Mist PVD
  • Face: Toulon Deep Diamond Mill
  • Neck: Slightly shorter H1
  • Toe Hang: 25°
  • Offset: One Shaft
  • Loft: 3°
  • Lie: 70°
  • Weight: 353 grams
  • Shaft: Black stepless steel
  • Grip: Custom Toulon Collection Black and Champagne Pistol
  • Production run: 75 
  • MSRP: $1,800

Xander Schauffele peut-il à nouveau remporter la médaille d’or olympique?

What do you think about Schauffele’s chance to defend Olympic gold in Paris? Prior to his performance at Royal Troon, I wouldn’t have bet against Schauffele, but I also probably would not have given him the A-player spot on my office pool team.

Now I think he has a real shot, especially because of his putting. Balls that didn’t go in at The Open were seemingly always almost going in. I’ll put money on someone with a hot putter any day.

Réflexions finales sur le putter Paris en petit lot de golf de Toulon

Admittedly, I’ve probably talked more about Xander Schauffele today than the Toulon Small Batch Paris. It’s tough to talk about the putter without talking about the person whose play made it golden.

On its own, the Paris is a cool putter. It has a brilliant finish, very cool Paris-themed aesthetics and a neck that is not what you would find on a stock Las Vegas. Sprinkle in some Deep Diamond face milling and you have a cool collectible.

When you add “the putter Schauffele uses” to that recipe, you have a next-level collectible.

I know that I usually brush off the idea that these expensive putters are good investments. Except for the Toulon Small Batch Carbonetti putters, those are rare gems, and I want them all. 

The Toulon Small Batch Paris could end up being a valuable collectible. Can you imagine if Schauffele uses his Toulon putter to add another Olympic gold medal to his two major victories this summer?

This Paris could get pricy.

Find out more about the Toulon Golf Small Batch Paris Putter at ToulonGolf.com

FAQ: Toulon Golf Small Batch Paris Putter

How many Small Batch Paris putters are being produced?

As per usual, only 75 Paris putters will be available worldwide from the Toulon website.

Why is the Las Vegas / #7 design so successful?

I could spend some time on this one, but I’ll keep it simple. There are two main reasons that the Las Vegas is so successful. First, the fang design pushes the head weight toward the edges of the putter. This makes the putter very stable. Second, the rectangular open center of the putter is a fantastic alignment aide. Many versions of the putter add lines to the edges of the cavity, making aiming the putter even easier.

Why was Schauffele not selected to the 2018 Ryder Cup Team?

Schauffele was 12th in points qualifying for the 2018 team. The top eight are automatic and the captain, Jim Furyk, used three of his captain’s picks to take players 9-11. Furyk then jumped over Schauffele, Kuchar and Kisner to select 15th-ranked Tony Finau with his last captain’s pick. Finau did earn two points in the Ryder Cup, with the other three captain’s picks (Woods, DeChambeau, Mickelson) earning zero points combined.

Why don’t I see more Toulon putters in professional bags or in bags at my club?

For the record, Toulon has a bunch of Tour wins. Though Sean Toulon was once the Grand Poobah of Odyssey Golf, Toulon Golf is a small company. They lack the resources (aka “cash”) to get their putters in Tour bags and retail stores. Really, they are more of a small boutique brand that produces excellent putters in small quantities these days. That is not a plan for world putter domination.

The post Toulon Golf Small Batch Paris Putter appeared first on MyGolfSpy.

Article Link: https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/toulon-golf-small-batch-paris-putter/