Tristram no longer a ‘Secret’ in WA

Secret Harbour’s award-winning Superintendent Tom Tristram.

Secret Harbour Golf Club superintendent Tom Tristram has been recognised at the 2024 National Turf Industry Awards.

At an event held in Brisbane, the Australian Sports Turf Managers Association recognised his outstanding achievements by presenting Tristram with the prestigious Excellence in Golf Course Management Award at the annual gala ceremony.

Nominated after taking out the State ‘Superintendent of the Year 2023’ award in March, Tristram has been an asset to the coastal course after coming on board three years ago. 

The gala ceremony held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, saw Tom become the ninth winner from WA in the awards 35-year history, accepting the accolade in front of an accomplished field of course superintendents. 

Secret Harbour Golf Links is located about 50 minutes south of Perth and offers a world class 18-hole championship golf course. Crafted into the spectacular ocean side landscape, the superbly designed holes lie breathtakingly against the panoramic setting of the Indian Ocean.

The course also weaves through a major residential community which requires precise management and in the three years since arriving at Secret Harbour, Tristram has shown his passion for finding innovative approaches to maintaining the clubs 53 hectares of playing surfaces.

Beginning a career in the golf industry a decade ago, Tristram was entrusted with the role of Superintendent at Secret Harbour in 2021, and while under his guidance several major projects have been completed including fairway and tee, reconstruction works, safety and boundary issues.

The Secret Harbour team have also constructed a new chipping green and other upgrades including the installation of a new pump station ahead of a full irrigation system upgrade starting in August.

In accepting the award, Tristram thanked his team for their efforts in helping Secret Harbour flourish. 

“I’m really honoured to receive this award. I have a really good team and I wouldn’t be here without them. They support me everywhere and have helped us to achieve a lot during my time at Secret Harbour,” Tristram said. 

The TenGolf team are incredibly proud of Tom and his well-deserved recognition.

The post Tristram no longer a ‘Secret’ in WA first appeared on Inside Golf. Australia's Most-Read Golf Magazine as named by Australian Golfers - FREE.

Article Link: https://www.insidegolf.com.au/golf_industry/tristram-no-longer-a-secret-in-wa/