WATCH: Andy Murray wants to become scratch golfer after retiring from tennis

Former world No 1 tennis star Andy Murray has set out his stall to become a scratch golfer having recently taken his first lesson.

Sharing a video clip of himself on the driving range, Andy wrote: “First ever golf lesson today on the journey to become a scratch golfer! Any tips welcome!”

Golf runs in the Murray blood one might say and the 18th hole at Dunblane Golf Course is actually named ‘The Murrays ‘Hame’ in honour of the famous family.

Both Andy and Jamie were junior members of the club; now, they are honorary lifelong members, with Jamie having proven to be skilled player in the past.

“We chose to give them this recognition because of their achievements, and both boys were junior members here,” a club source said.

“Jamie was a three or a four handicapped player and spent a lot of time here.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by ESPN Golf (@espngolf)

Dunblane course is a sacred place for both the Murray brothers.

“I spent most of my life down here (at the sports club), and when I wasn’t playing tennis I was playing golf,” Jamie said.

After retiring from tennis following the Paris Olympics, Andy set out his intention to hit the links.

“Initially, I want to be at home with my family. I want to spend a lot of time with my kids and my wife, so I won’t be on the road much, I know that. I’ll play a lot of golf – I want to become a scratch golfer. I’ve always loved playing golf, but because of the issues with my back, I haven’t played for five or six years,” Murray said.

READ MORE: Trying to break 90 again: my return to golf after a long layoff

The post WATCH: Andy Murray wants to become scratch golfer after retiring from tennis appeared first on Golf365.

Article Link: WATCH: Andy Murray wants to become scratch golfer after retiring from tennis - Golf365