WATCH: Heavyweight boxer Tony Bellew celebrates amazing albatross at Wentworth

Daniel Dubois shocked Anthony Joshua in their much-hyped heavyweight title fight on Saturday night.

But perhaps the most impressive blow struck by a British boxer this week came on the golf course.

Tony Bellew was playing in the pro-am at the prestigious BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth.

And on the very first hole, the man from Liverpool drained his approach to the 479-yard par 5 for an incredible albatross.

If that wasn’t impressive enough, how about his celebrations?

Thank you very much @BMWPGA for the best experience of my very short golfing career to date! So many ups and downs but nothing will ever beat that Albatross! I’m still in shock! 185 yards into the hole! #Golf #BMW @HALLIWELLJONES pic.twitter.com/VU7b3VBI90

— Tony Bellew (@TonyBellew) September 19, 2024

The former heavyweight champion broke free from the clutches of his delighted caddie and then performed a textbook forward roll before ending on one knee and pointing his fingers in celebration.

It recalled the goal celebrations of former Spurs and Liverpool attacker Robbie Keane although Bellew is a diehard Everton fan.

Bellew later described it as “the best experience of my very short golfing career to date”.

He was back on the golf course a couple of days later although couldn’t find the same magic at his locl club – famed S&A Golf Club in Southport.

Back home to my usual routine @SandAGolfClub , no repeat of the Albatross but couple of pars and lost balls to resume my usual standard of playing! #Golf #LockAndT #Druids #UTFT pic.twitter.com/WyYAoGmoSZ

— Tony Bellew (@TonyBellew) September 20, 2024

READ MORE: What golf handicap is Andy Murray and what is the tennis secret he brings to the course?

The post WATCH: Heavyweight boxer Tony Bellew celebrates amazing albatross at Wentworth appeared first on Golf365.

Article Link: WATCH: Heavyweight boxer Tony Bellew celebrates amazing albatross at Wentworth - Golf365