WE TRIED IT! Bridgestone Mindset

Bridgestone boxes and mindset balls by Ryan Barnett, @Barnttmedia

Hello Golfers! What a product we have this month……..so much so that Bridgestone Australia sold out and we waited more than two-months for them to provide the product for our review this month! 

We are exploring a ball we have tried before, however Bridgestone Golf have released a new option! MINDSET. 

Bridgestone Golf have given golfers the opportunity to apply visual technology to help performance. It’s called MINDSET. Let’s explore what MINDSET is and how it will help with our golf. 

Firstly, you will notice the visual aid that appears on one side of the ball. There is a bigger red circle with three red arrows, followed by a slightly smaller yellow circle and then lastly a smaller green dot inside both the red and yellow circle. Bridgestone have broken down the colours into three key areas to simplify our thinking to improve our performance. 

1. Red Circle & Arrows – Identify the target|
2. Yellow Circle – Visualise the shot path
3. Green Dot – Focus on the dot

Bridgestone boxes and mindset balls by Ryan Barnett, @Barnttmedia

Taking the ball to the course this process of lining the ball up can only be done off the tee and on the putting green, however the principles still apply when approaching the green from the fairway or around the green. 

I firstly did some testing off the tee and on a hole I notoriously struggle with. Long par-five water all the way down the left from tee to green, with the wind off the left. I hit three balls without the MINDSET and three with the MINDSET. I used the same ball for all six shots. Here are the results.

*Please note that when I was hitting off the tee without MINDSET the wind direction changed from off the left to more gently down wind. 

With MINDSET – Bridgestone Tour B X
Ball Carry Total Fairway Hit
1 248m 263m Yes
2 253m 271m Yes
3 246m 259m No

Without MINDSET – Bridgestone Tour B X
Ball Carry Total Fairway Hit
1 246m 260m Yes
2 258m 273m No
3 251m 270m No

What did I notice most? Using the same ball with the exception of the MINDSET I knew the distance would not change, however I was looking to see if I could hit it straighter.  I certainly felt more engaged in the shot off the tee when having the MINDSET principles in place, against when I wasn’t using them and also that I really enjoyed going through the process in my pre shot routine. Having the three simple factors to use gave me a much better feeling over the ball especially considering I chose a shot that I often struggle with. 

Now for the putting green! I hit 10 putts total from 10 feet straight up the hill, again with and without MINDSET. I was really interested in the alignment component to see if that would improve! With the putting I noticed a considerable difference in the alignment. I was able to align the putter better to my intermediate target with was great and I was able to roll the ball better. I holed eight from 10 with the MINDSET, seven from 10 without it. Although I missed a few with MINDSET, I felt so much better over the ball in a very similar way as I did with the driver! 

In conclusion, Bridgestone Golf’s MINDSET ball offers a unique visual technology designed to improve golfer performance by simplifying mental processes. The ball features a visual aid with three distinct coloured areas: a red circle with arrows for identifying the target, a yellow circle for visualizing the shot path, and a green dot for focusing on. Testing on both driving and putting scenarios demonstrated that the MINDSET principles helped me feel more engaged and confident, particularly in challenging situations. The structured pre-shot routine enhanced alignment and overall performance, making MINDSET a valuable tool for golfers aiming to refine their mental game and achieve more consistent results.

RRP: $84.99dz

www.bridgestonegolf.com.au/balls/tour-b-mindset/

Michael Cooney is a teaching professional at the PGA Centre for Learning and Performance at the Sandhurst Golf Club in Melbourne and is always on the hunt for the latest and greatest in golf products.

The post WE TRIED IT! Bridgestone Mindset first appeared on Inside Golf. Australia's Most-Read Golf Magazine as named by Australian Golfers - FREE.

Article Link: https://www.insidegolf.com.au/gear/we-tried-it-bridgestone-mindset/